Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Everett: 20 Months

Technically, this post is coming at 20.5 months, but I figured I better do it while I had a moment. The last blog post I wrote about Everett was in August (a post called Chasing Everett). Since August he's clearly gotten bigger and has learned so many things, but chasing Everett is still our daily struggle.  The amount of trouble this kid can get into in 11 seconds is truly amazing.


Here's what Everett is up to lately:
Loving: Mama (all day, every day), Dada (especially when he comes home), walks, baths, blanket cuddling, school, the "touchdown" gesture, sips of soda
Eating: anything on your plate (not his), veggie straws, blueberries, fruit snacks, cereal, pb&j sandwiches, hummus, yogurt and anything that can be dipped in ketchup!
Saying: so much – eat, all done, please, thank you, Addi, Mama, Dada, Griffy, go, yes, no, get down, sit, car, truck, tractor, plane, touchdown, hello, bye, spoon, cereal, cracker, cheese, apple, ketchup, water, hot, soap, wet, shirt, pants, shoes, night-night, blanket, ball, fish, bear, owl, dog, kitty and lots of animal sounds!
Conquering: eating all by himself without too much mess, going down the stairs standing up, the baby gate (which is, sadly, no longer mounted to the wall), things with screw-on lids, blowing his nose
Reading: Sesame Street books, Beep Beep, Peek-a-Who
Finding: Any and every lip balm/lipstick I own, the 7 bugs still alive in winter
Giving: lots of "I'm sorry" hugs

Recognizing: the letter E, bald-ish guys everywhere as "Dada" (so funny), 
Stealing: My phone, tv remotes, Addison's toothbrush, every item on or in my desk
Discovering: Videos on the phone and iPad
Watching: Sesame Street (he requests "Elmo and Abby" a lot now), The Hive, Thomas and SuperWhy
Helping: With laundry, cleaning and feeding Gryffin (one of Addison's daily chores)


No comments: